- Obtain a refinishing spray at a shoe repair shop. Remember to take your shoes with you so that you can match them to a colour chart.
- Cover the shoe so that only the leather upper is exposed. Mask off the sole and heel of the shoes using masking tape.
- Use a light-coloured shoe cleaning cloth and leather preparer to wash the leather. Let the shoes dry. If necessary repeat the process until the leather has a dull, even finish. Note – work within a well-ventilated area.
- Apply shoe refinishing spray evenly and lightly across the leather. Allow to dry. Repeat the application of refinishing spray until the leather has an even colour.
- Remove the masking tape. Polish the shoes with cream polish and a clean, soft cloth.