The MFB guide to polishing your shoes to the same level of the armed forces!
- Wipe any dust off your shoes using a damp cloth which has been run under warm water.
- Take a soft cotton cloth or a fine, tightly packed bristle brush and apply a conservative amount of high quality polish to your shoe in a small circular movement; wrapping the cotton cloth around your finger, or evenly cover shoe with polish using the natural bristle brush.
- Leave the polish on the shoe for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help the shoe’s leather absorb the polish.
- Using a sprayer filled with water, spray a fine mist over the entire shoe until it is covered with tiny droplets of water. Then polish the shoe dry with the same bristle brush.
- It is important to build up the polish in fine layers, therefore repeat process 2 to 4 until you reach desired level of shine.
- Always keep the polish damp or it will dry out and not take to the shoe.
- Once finished wipe the shoe with a cotton ball soaked in cold water, or lightly buff with a cotton cloth.
- Leave shoes in a cold environment. Best to place them in a shoe box with lid.